How to Audition
If you have not yet done so, please fill out the Interest Form. All wind instruments should submit a mp3 recording via their account on our recruit website (which can be found in the upper right hand corner of this website). These accounts will be made after filling out an interest form. All percussion instruments must send in a video audition in the same way. The deadline for all recorded auditions is TBD for 2019. No late auditions will be accepted, so plan ahead in case of technical difficulties.
What to record:
1. State your name and your instrument
2. State the keys of the two major scales you will play. You choose which two scales you want to play for us! Difficulty does not matter, we are just looking for your comfort in playing scales.
3. Play the two major scales.
4. Play a chromatic run from the lowest note to the highest note of your ability, ascending and descending
5. Play three out of the five exercises included in the links below, following all tempo markings, key signatures, rhythms, dynamics, and repeat signs.
If you have trouble viewing these documents, please install Adobe Reader
*Audition must be video recorded for Percussion*
Play the linked exercises below as written, as specified for your preferred instrument. Auditions for snares, tenors, and bass drums may be played on a drum or drum pad, and auditions for cymbals may be played on cymbals or with stick or hand claps. In addition, for snares, tenors, and bass drums, if a tempo range is provided (Stick Control, Para-bles, and ABCD) please play it twice, once at the bottom and once at the top of the tempo range. The other exercises can be played once.
Glockenspiel auditions can be performed on a piano or any keyboard instrument, but should be performed with only one hand to mimic a glockenspiel. In addition to the linked pieces below (one of which is the same as the alto sax part), please prepare two major scales of your choice, as well as a chromatic run, ascending and descending, using the full range of your instrument.
In your recording:
1. State your name and your instrument.
2. For Glockenspiel auditions, follow the instructions listed above for woodwind/brass auditions, but record with video. For non-glockenspiel auditions, record video of the exercises linked below.
Submitting your Recorded Audition
Once complete, submit your files through your account on our website. Once again, late auditions are not accepted. Information about accounts will be automatically emailed to you after filling out the Interest Form. Audition results will be released through the same page. If you have any questions or technical difficulties, or need any alternative accommodations, feel free to email us at email@example.com.